Because there is often so much confusion surrounding death and dying, as well as grief and loss, and so few places to talk about these issues and feelings, our highly skilled staff is available to offer a forum for discussions on a wide variety of related topics.
If you would like more information about our Speakers’ Bureau, or would like to arrange a program, please call the Good Shepherd office at : 617.969.6130 or email email@example.com
Some possible discussion topics are listed below.
- Understanding the physical, emotional, creative and/or spiritual needs of a person with a terminal illness
- When a loved one has a life-threatening or chronic illness
- Hospice care and its place in the larger health care delivery system
- Bereavement: Stages of loss and recovery
- When a family member is in a nursing home
- “Sandwich Generation” ~ Providing care for aging parents and young children
- College students and loss • Hospice Care: The what, when, and how of it
- Volunteering to work with the dying and their families
- Hospice Care: A new alternative and an age-old way of caring
- Children and Loss