- Get Involved
- Request Services
The well-being and protection of our patients, their loved ones and our staff has been and continues to be at the center of Good Shepherd Community Care’s mission. We are continuing to actively monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and respond to this evolving public health event. We are closely following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH). Because our patients and often their loved ones are at the greatest risk for developing severe illness from COVID-19, we are doing everything possible to protect them.
Good Shepherd employees regularly comply with federal OSHA regulations and state guidelines concerning universal health care precautions. In addition, the following procedures are in place:
● Good Shepherd maintains a supply of hand sanitizer, anti-bacterial wipes and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for staff use. All Good Shepherd clinicians are wearing N95 respirator masks, gowns, gloves and other PPE as appropriate including shoe / hair covers and goggles / face shields.
● All employees are monitoring themselves for potential COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, severe stomach pain, loss of smell or taste, chills with shaking) and those with such symptoms are not permitted to visit patients until they have been cleared by a physician.
● Employees who have been exposed to someone with confirmed or presumed COVID-19 must report this to their supervisor and may not return to work until they have been cleared by a physician.
● Good Shepherd is utilizing virtual visits when appropriate.
● All Good Shepherd employees must adhere to the Massachusetts COVID-19 Travel Order requiring testing or quarantine prior to returning to in person work.
Please be assured that Good Shepherd is committed to keeping our patients, their loved ones and our staff healthy. If you have additional questions or concerns feel free to contact us at (617) 969-6130 or email us at Info@GSCommunityCare.org.